Lunds universitet, Samhällsvetenskapliga fakulteten, Socialhögskolan
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top universities. The University has around 45 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset.
The School of Social Work is one of the largest departments in the Faculty of Social Sciences, where social problems and social interventions are central objects of study. Centre for Innovation Research (CIRCLE) is a multidisciplinary research center shared by the School of Economics, Lund University of Technology and the Faculty of Social Sciences. The School of Social Work and CIRCLE are located in Lund and Helsingborg. The position is linked to both environments, with the main location at the Helsingborg campus.
We are looking for a researcher in social sciences with experience of research in collaboration with external actors and with a good knowledge of the conditions, problems and opportunities of welfare organizations. We would like to see an applicant who has experience of working in research projects together with several types of actors, both from the public, private and voluntary sectors. The position involves an affiliation with CIRCLE and the research will be conducted within the theme of innovation in the public sector.
The tasks include research, teaching and collaboration with the surrounding society. The position is linked to CIRCLE’s and the School of Social Work’s research and education activities The position consists of at least 50% research. The position includes actively contributing to applying for external research funding.
Teaching will mainly take place on the School of Social Work’s program for social workers and on advanced level courses, including supervision and examination of degree projects. Teaching is mainly in Swedish but also to a limited extent in English. The work tasks also include course administration, taking responsibility for pedagogical development work and collaborating both within and between courses. Within the framework of the employment, there is an opportunity for five weeks of higher education pedagogical training.
Qualifications for employment as a senior lecturer are specified in Chapter 4, 4 § of the Higher Education Ordinance and in Lund University’s appointment rules.
Qualified to be employed as a senior lecturer are those who have completed a doctoral degree in social work or in another social science subject with clear relevance to the position.
The position is a merit-based position and priority will be given to applicants who have completed their doctorate no more than five years before the call’s deadline. In the assessment, particular emphasis will be placed on the applicant’s scientific expertise and potential to develop research with a focus on innovation in the public sector. Scientific excellence includes international publication, independent research and participation in international collaboration, as well as the degree of progression after the dissertation. Emphasis is placed on pedagogical ability, collaboration skills, cooperation skills, and experience of teaching in/about social work or subjects with clear relevance to social work.
An associate senior lecturer may, after application and external peer review, be promoted to a permanent position as senior lecturer. Applications must be submitted to the Faculty of Social Sciences no later than after 3 years and 6 months of employment. Eligibility and suitability for such employment is assessed by examining scientific and educational progression during the period of employment, with emphasis on the following criteria:
- Well-recognized scientific expertise. This includes a documented very good level as a researcher. Particular emphasis will be placed on international publication.
- Well-recognized pedagogical skills. Particular emphasis will be placed on documented ability to conduct teaching and supervision at different levels and that the quality and breadth of teaching competence has developed over time.
- Pedagogical courses to the extent needed for qualification as a senior lecturer are required.
- Progression in academic leadership through increased ability to develop, lead and implement education and research and/or demonstrated commitment and responsibility for university-wide tasks.
- Good cooperation skills and ability to contribute to the activities.
- Good ability to interact with the surrounding society and to inform about research and development work.
- Sufficient knowledge of Swedish to be able to teach in Swedish.
Instructions for application
The application should be written in English and submitted electronically via Lund University’s applicant portal Varbi. Instructions on how to prepare the application can be found here.
Note the following documents to be uploaded in Varbi:
- Possibly a brief personal letter.
- Curriculum vitae with appendices supporting the information.
- Statement of scientific and educational activity. Brief account of experience in management and/or administration and collaboration.
- Full list of publications (co-authorship certificate required for co-authored publications).
- List of the doctoral thesis and other scientific texts cited.
- The publications cited (max 5).
- Research plan (approx. 2-4 s) indicating what research the applicant intends to engage in during the period of employment.
- Any other documents that you wish to refer to.
The recruitment process may include trial lectures, interviews and reference checks. In the interviews, applicants are given the opportunity to describe and develop their own views on the subject and any future role at the department. It is important that the applicant indicates reference persons who can illustrate his/her professional skills as well as qualities that are of importance for the employment, e.g. ability to cooperate, management skills as well as the ability to create commitment, participation and a positive development for the organization.
The Faculty of Social Sciences at Lund University is one of the leading education and research institutions in Sweden and operates both in Lund and Helsingborg.
At the School of Social Work there is a program in social work, independent courses, master’s degrees and a well-developed research in the central research areas of social work (see http://www.soch.lu.se/en/). The School of Social Work is active in both Lund and Helsingborg.
We kindly decline all sales and marketing contacts.
- Type of employment- Temporary position
- Contract type- Full time
- First day of employment- As per agreement
- Salary- Monthly salary
- Number of positions- 1
- Full-time equivalent- 100
- City- Lund & Helsingborg
- County- Skåne län
- Country- Sweden
- Reference number- PA2023/1725
- Katarina Jacobsson/Head of Department, Katarina.Jacobsson@soch.lu.se
- Markus Knutagård/Coordinator CIRCLE, Marcus.Knutagard@soch.lu.se
- Ellinor Weise/HR Coordinator, Ellinor.Weise@soch.lu.se
- SACO:Saco-s-rådet vid Lunds universitet, email@example.com
- OFR/ST:Fackförbundet ST:s kansli, 046-2229362
Last application date- 13.Jun.2023 11:59 PM CEST