The Functional Genomics Center Zürich (FGCZ) is a joint state-of-the-art research and training facility of the ETH Zürich and the University of Zürich. We support life science research with state-of-the-art technologies for genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics and metabolomics, as well as by high-end bioinformatics analysis. The FGCZ is offering a position for a laboratory assistant to support our proteomics team.
The position is initially offered with a limited-term contract, with the possibility of a later long-term contract. The preferred starting date is as soon as possible, ideally April 2023. The working place is the Functional Genomics Center in Zurich, Switzerland.
You will be part of an international team of specialists working in the FGCZ proteomics core facility. You will be primarily supporting the team during the sample preparation and the acquisition of the data for protein analysis and proteomics workflows. Examples of responsibilities are the identification and characterization of proteins using liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS), the maintenance of the LC-MS instruments, and the support of practical organization aspects of the proteomics laboratories.
- We are looking for a motivated team player with good organizational and communication skills, and the flexibility to adapt to a wide range of analytical protocols.
- For this position, you should have completed professional training as a chemistry or biology laboratory technician or, alternatively, have a B.Sc./M.Sc in analytical chemistry, biology, or in a closely related field.
- Qualified laboratory experience with liquid chromatography (LC) techniques is expected.
- Hands-on experience with mass spectrometry and/or other protein analysis techniques is an asset.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English are a must, while the knowledge of German is helpful but not essential.
ETH Zurich is a family-friendly employer with excellent working conditions. You can look forward to an exciting working environment, cultural diversity and attractive offers and benefits.
We value diversity
In line with our values, ETH Zurich encourages an inclusive culture. We promote equality of opportunity, value diversity and nurture a working and learning environment in which the rights and dignity of all our staff and students are respected. Visit our Equal Opportunities and Diversity website to find out how we ensure a fair and open environment that allows everyone to grow and flourish.
Curious? So are we.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application with the following documents:
- Motivation letter
- Short CV detailing education and work experiences
- Apprenticeship and/or degree certificates
- Reference letters
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via e-mail or postal services will not be considered.
For further information please contact Dr Paolo Nanni: at firstname.lastname@example.org (no applications). Further information about the Functional Genomics Center Zurich can be found on our website www.fgcz.ch.