The research involves mathematical and algorithmic modeling and analysis, as well as system design, implementation, and experimentation.
The research follows an approach where attacks and response actions on an IT infrastructure are modeled as a game between an attacker and a defender and where strategies of attackers and defenders co-evolve through self-play. Reinforcement learning techniques are studied to approximate optimal control strategies. In addition to analytical modeling and analysis, a testbed and a simulation environment is available for experimentation, training, and evaluation of control strategies. The successful candidate will join a group of researchers that work on topics related to this project. You can read more about what is included in a postdoctoral position in the Employment Regulations and on the Swedish Agency for Government Employers – postdoctoral agreement
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- The candidate must hold a master degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related area. This eligibility requirement must be met no later than the time the employment decision is made.
- You also exhibit research expertise, collaborative abilities and independence.
- Expertise in the following areas is required: statistics, machine learning, networking, and programming.
- You are aware of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality.
- For the position, it is required that you have good oral and written communication skills in English in your daily work.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline.
- Expertise in the following areas is helpful for the work: reinforcement learning, probabilistic modeling, cyber security, and software engineering.
- The candidate should have very good skills in oral and written communication.
- Teaching abilities are commendable.
- Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the instructions in the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight
CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time)
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, three years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
- Type of employment – Temporary position longer than 6 months
- Contract type – Full time
- First day of employment – According to agreement
- Salary – Monthly salary
- Number of positions – 1
- Full-time equivalent 100
- City – Stockholm
- County – Stockholms län
- Country – Sweden
- Reference number J-2022-3097
- Pontus Johnson, email@example.com
- Rolf Stadler, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lilly Engfeldt, email@example.com