Lecturer in Aeronautical sciences at the Lund University School of Aviation, Sweden, 2022
No. of Positions: 1
Research Field: Aeronautical Engineering
Joining Date: ASAP
Contract Period: Permanent
Salary: Subject to norms
Faculty of Engineering
Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Appointment as a lecturer requires that the applicant has:
For eligibility as university lecturer the following is required:
- Degree at advanced level, or in other ways ensuring equivalent knowledge as well as having other competencies which are of importance for the position’s subject matter area and work tasks.
- Proven pedagogical skills.
- Five weeks of higher education pedagogical training or in other ways ensuring equivalent pedagogical knowledge.
- Very good language skills in Swedish as well as English, written as well as spoken.
- The ability to engage students, create challenges and give support, in order to achieve optimal study results.
- Create and nurture good social relations in communication with students and other teachers.
For appointments to lecturer, the following shall form the assessment criteria:
- Good subject knowledge of relevance to the post and the duties it will involve.
- Good teaching ability including a good ability to develop and pursue teaching and other educational activities on different levels and using a variety of teaching methods.
- Very good professional experience or other experience of relevance to the post.
The evaluation of pedagogical skills should be based on documented pedagogical work experience and on proven understanding for learning processes with the students’ needs in focus, as a group but also on an individual basis.
Consideration will also be given to good collaborative skills, drive and independence, and how the applicant’s experience and skills complement and strengthen the department, and how they stand to contribute to its future development.
Other assessment criteria:Regardless of whether the position will be focused on flight instruction or theoretical knowledge instruction (or both) it is meritorious if the applicant can show:
- For flight instructor duties the applicant needs to have CPL(A)-certificate, or MPL(A)-certificat with ATP-theory as well as certificate as a flight instructor (FI).
- SFI/TRI or equivalent.
- IR and MCC certificate
- At least 200 hours of IR.
- 1500 hours in multi-pilot aircraft
- Experience from working within the Swedish Airforce’s transport organization.
- Experience from working with the Swedish Airforce’s different education programmes, such as basic flyging training (GFU), basic tactical flight training (GTU), type training (GFSU).
- CRI or TRI.
- 200 hours as flight instructor.
- Type rating on jet/turboprop-aircraft.
- SFI/TRI or equivalent.
- Experiences as a remote pilot
- Experiences from administrative work including good knowledge and skills in general IT.
In the selection for this position we will consider personal traits including:
- - The ability to view a problem holistically as well as reductionistically.
- - Engaged and structured.
- - The ability to see the individual students’ needs in a context where group dynamics is understood and used to optimize study results.
- - The ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- - Communication skills
- - The ability to take initiatives and engage in new tasks with positive energy.
- - The ability to take responsibility for own competence development.
- - Openness for new challenges.
We will also take into consideration how the applicant, through his/her experiences and competence profile can contribute to strengthening the Lund University School of Aviation and contribute to our future development.
The subject area is theoretical as well as practican and includes training at ATP-level (Airline Transport Pilot) as well as MPL (A) (Multi Crew Pilot License).
The work tasks include theoretical knowledge instruction as well as flight instruction.
The work as a flight instructor includes training in single engine aircraft, twin engine aircraft as well as flight simulation. Flight instruction in the Authorised Drone School includes training on unmanned aerial systems and simulators. Theoretical knowledge instruction includes responsibility for training within one or several aeronautical subject areas. Additionally, the position includes administrative duties, including manual revisions, which are not directly connected to the teaching duties.
The work tasks can also include:
- Teaching at undergraduate level
- Supervision of thesis work.
- Participation in research projects.
- Collaboration with external organisations.
- Administrative duties connected to all tasks above.
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: PA2022/3496
Applications shall be written in English. Please draw up the application in accordance with LTH’s Academic qualifications portfolio – see link below. Upload the application as PDF-files in the recruitment system. Read more:
About the Employer: Lund University, Sweden
Note or Other details
The work place is located to the airport in Ljungbyhed. The work hours are scheduled according to a local agreement on working hours work conditions at the Lund University School of Aviation (PE2010/607). The schedule is typically Mondays to Fridays 07.30-16.30, though for instance flight simulation training takes place before or after these times.
Johan Bergström, +46462220880
Advertisement Details: Lecturer in Aeronautical sciences