The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of future technologies, energy and climate, health innovation and fundamentals of nature. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2200 people.
For the group Catalytic Process Engineering we are looking for a
Catalytic Hydrothermal Gasification to renewable hydrogen
- Performing research on Catalytic Hydrothermal Gasification selective to hydrogen within the Horizon Europe project «BIOCTANE» in close collaboration with international academic and industrial partners
- Designing, preparing and characterizing different catalysts for supercritical water gasification of organic residues, selective towards hydrogen
- Operate a continuous high pressure – high temperature test rig to evaluate the catalyst performance
- Applying state-of-the-art analyses (XRD, physi-/chemisorption, SEM, TEM)
- Publishing in international leading scientific journals
- Support in supervising master students, doctoral students and trainees
You hold a PhD degree in heterogeneous catalysis, or chemical engineering with a strong background in catalyst development and testing, preferably with a good knowledge of porous materials (characterization and testing). Furthermore, you are open-minded and creative and you are naturally resourceful and autonomous. You are a highly motivated and skilled experimentalist and possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and a very good command of English (German would be an advantage).
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 27 months with desired start as early as possible.
For further information, please contact Dr David Baudouin, phone +41 56 310 56 94.
Please submit your application online by 31 January 2023 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 5101-00).Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland