The University of Southern Denmark invites applications for a professor, associate, and/or assistant professors with a strong background in Software Technology or Software Engineering, The Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute, Denmark – Dec 2022
You have a PhD in software engineering/computer science or another computational discipline relevant to this position. You have achieved funding success commensurate with the targeted rank (professor, associate, or assistant professor). You are an excellent collaborator, able to work in complex international multi-stakeholder environments. You are also an effective and inspiring communicator end attentive listener.
The Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute is an internationally recognized institute, which has maintained a leading position in robotics for more than three decades. In the last decade the institute has also been building up in drone and software research. The institute has spawned the world-renowned cluster of robotics in Odense with more than 130 robotics companies including Universal Robots and Mobile Industrial Robots. The software section is pursuing research and education activities to address the needs for knowledge and talent within software (e.g. within the cluster of robotics and the software industry in Denmark). Learn more about our institute at https://www.sdu.dk/mmmi The Software Engineering section of the institute is currently expanding its engagement in software technology and software engineering including:
- Software development and programming technologies
- Empirical and automated software engineering
- Software engineering methodologies
- Distributed, mobile and ubiquitous systems
- Software technology for modelling and simulation
- Software technology for IoT and cyber-physical systems
- Software technology for user interfaces
- Web technologies
- Information systems
- Software testing, DevOps and MLOps.
- Machine learning for software engineering and software engineering of machine learning systems
How to Apply?Application Method: online_applicationRef. No. -
The faculty expects applicants to read How to Apply before applying. The application must be in English and must include:
- A motivational cover letter.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae.
- Certificates/Diplomas (MSc and PhD).
- Information on previous teaching and supervision experience. Please attach as Teaching Portfolio.
- List of publications indicating the publications attached.
- Examples of the most relevant publications. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication.
- Reference letters and names of references may also be included.
- Other relevant qualifications may also be included.
- Applicants for an associate professorship at the Faculty of Engineering are requested to submit a teaching portfolio with the application as documentation for teaching experience as well as supervision qualifications. Please read more http://uvp.sdu.dk/ . For assistant professorships a pedagogical program is part of the development plan.
Note or Other detailsWe offer:
- A position where you will be part of a dynamic institute while working in areas of tremendous potential and societal relevance within the SDU Software Engineering section.
- A vibrant and adventurous environment comprising research and teaching at international level in software engineering, robotics, applied AI and data science, drone and autonomous system technology, games and learning technology, and health informatics and technology.
- The full professorship is a permanent position. To qualify for a professor position the applicant must show excellent research, funding, and collaboration result on an international level.
- The associate professorship position is a permanent position.
- An appointment as assistant professor lasts for three years, and contingent on successful completion of a lecturer training programme and a positive performance evaluation, a permanent position for associate professor is normally opened, for which the assistant professor can apply.
- Integration into the world-renowned Odense Robotics Cluster and national initiatives, such as, Digital Research Centre Denmark (direc.dk).
- Interdisciplinary collaborations both with in SDU and with many external entities.
- Excellent technical facilities both at the Institute and in the wider Engineering Faculty are available to support adventurous research.
- The opportunity to live and work in one of the happiest countries in the world, that also offers excellent and free health and education systems.
- The opportunity to live in Odense, a beautiful vibrant city located on the island Funen in the center of Denmark with easy access to the rest of Denmark and great nature close by.
For further information, please contact Professor Mikkel Baun Kjærgaard, [email protected], 65507965 or Head of Section, Torben Worm, [email protected], 93507372If you experience technical problems, you must contact [email protected]