At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, AAU Energy, a position as Assistant Professor in power electronics is open for appointment from the 1st of October 2023 or soon hereafter. The position is for 4 years from the starting date.
- DEADLINE- 08.06.2023
- DEPARTMENT- AAU ENERGY
- REF NUMBER- 2023-224-05292
Aalborg University contributes to the knowledge building of the global society as well as the development of prosperity, welfare, and culture of Danish society. This is accomplished through research, research-based education, public sector services and knowledge collaboration. Aalborg University educates students for the future and activities are based on a dynamic and transformative collaboration with the surrounding community.AAU Energy is a dynamic engineering research department in continuous growth and inspiring surroundings.
AAU Energy has a very international environment and covers all areas of clean and sustainable energy systems of the future within electrical, thermal, and mechatronic energy technology.
AAU Energy has campuses in both Aalborg and Esbjerg, this position is located in Aalborg.
The mission is to be world leading in both research and research-based education of the energy engineers of the future. AAU Energy has approx. 300 employees of many nationalities, of which 25 are administrative staff. In addition, AAU Energy constantly has approx. 50-70 guest researchers from around the world. Research and teaching are in the absolute world elite in the field of energy, and we have extensive and leading workshop and laboratory facilities, where research and innovation are carried out in direct collaboration with industry to a great extent.
The position is offered in relation to the research program”Reliability of Power Electronic Converters”,” Power Electronic Control Reliability and System Optimization”, and AAU Energy Missions on“Digital Transformation and AI”.
The Assistant Professor will be positioned to the section for“Applied Power Electronic Systems”.
Research areas will be primarily within the multi-disciplinary areas of power electronics and machine learning. The focus will be on control design for power electronics converters, improving robustness and enhancing reliability of power electronic systems. The tasks will also include development of converter prototypes and experimental validation of control solutions. Teaching will primarily be in the fields of power electronics, but also in other study programs at the University.
The successful application prerequisite that you demonstrate a documented expertise in most of the areas below:
• Modeling, design, and control of power electronics systems
• Application of machine learning methods for design and control of power electronics systems
• Reliability assessment in power electronics systems
• Proven-records in peer-reviewed publications in the most recognized power electronics journals
• Experience in design and experimental implementation of power electronics systems
• Teamwork spirit, sense of responsibility and leadership
• Experience in teaching and student supervision is preferred
You may obtain further professional information from Professor Huai Wang,+45 9940 3816, email@example.com.
Read more about AAU at www.aau.dk.
Read more about the AAU Energy at www.energy.aau.dk.
Appointment as an Assistant Professor presupposes scientific qualifications at PhD–level or similar scientific qualifications. The research potential of each applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment.
Appointment as an Assistant Professor cannot exceed a period of four years in total in a temporary position(appointment at Assistant Professor level cannot exceed a period of eight years in total in Denmark).
The application must contain the following:
- A statement outlining your reasons for applying, and intentions and visions with, the position.
- Your curriculum vitae, including personal data, educational background, scientific qualifications, dissemination skills, participation in committees and boards, and additional qualifications relevant for the position.
- Copies of relevant diplomas(Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- A complete list of publications.
- Publications you wish to be considered by the assessment committee. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- A specification of your teaching qualifications relative to the teaching portfolio. If this is not enclosed you must include an explanation for its absence.
Shortlisting will be applied. After the review of any objections regarding the assessment committee, the head of department, with assistance from the chair of the assessment committee, selects the candidates to be assessed. All applicants will be informed as to whether they will advance to assessment or not.
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the”Apply online” button below.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
For further information concerning the application procedure, please contact Mathilde Vestergaard HR-Servicecentre EST by mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force, teaching portfolio and procedures can be seenhere.
Wages and employment
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities(the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.