The University of Stavanger (UiS) invites applicants for two positions as Associate Professor in organization and leadership at the UiS Business School, Department of Innovation Leadership and Marketing – Norway 2022
Scroll Down for Content
Position: Associate professor
No. of Positions: 2
Research Field: Organization Studies, Organizational Behavior
Deadline to Apply: Expired
Joining Date: ASAP
Contract Period: -
Salary: NOK 690.000-800.000 gross per year
Scroll Down for Content
You must have a PhD related to organization and leadership. Your profile in organization and leadership can include topics such as leadership and leadership development, alternative organizational forms, the consequences of digitalisation for management, technology management and organizational behavior.
Applicants must have:
- a strong research background and the ability and desire to conduct high quality research.
- a proven track record of research published in top journals in the Academic Journal Guide (ABS). Papers invited to “revise and re-submit” in such high-quality journals can also be considered.
- relevant teaching experience and proof of excellent performance (e.g., student evaluations).
You need to document pedagogical and didactic skills appropriate for university level teaching. Otherwise, you need to complete a university pedagogy course within a period of two years from the start of the appointment. The course will be provided by the university.
We are looking for candidates early in their careers with an ambitious research agenda and strong pedagogical skills. The ideal candidate is flexible and able to teach at different levels and courses that are relevant to the department. Broader organizational and business competence will therefore be emphasized.
Norwegian is the language mainly used at UiS. The working and teaching languages are Norwegian and English. You need to demonstrate good command of both oral and written English at the start of the appointment. Having a good command of a Scandinavian language is considered an advantage. It is expected that you can teach and supervise in Norwegian (equivalent to level B2), or another Scandinavian language within a period of three years from accession. If required, you will be offered a Norwegian course paid for by the university.
In the absence of applicants with sufficient scientific expertise, the university may consider temporarily employment for up to three years, during which time he/she will endeavour to gain the qualifications necessary for a permanent position. You must be considered capable of gaining the necessary qualifications during the period of employment.
The following attributes are also desirable
- ability to involve and engage students in teaching where the course's objectives, content and assessment situations are closely interlinked
- experience and/or interest in the development of varied learning methods and digital tools in teaching
- research results published in recognised publications, and references indicating progression in research and publications
- ability to initiate, obtain external funding for, lead and carry out research and development projects
- experience of partnerships with businesses relevant to the subject area
- contributed to the use of research-based knowledge in society and that you can refer to results from innovation and the commercialization of research
- demonstrated the ability to build and preserve professional networks - regionally, nationally and internationally
- ability to manage heavy workload, inquisitiveness and motivation to contribute to the development of academic and interdisciplinary collaboration at the university
- good teamwork and communication skills, and ability to contribute to a constructive working environment
As an Associate Professor, you will conduct and disseminate organizational behaviour research, teach and guide students, be given administrative duties appropriate to rank, as well as contribute to the development of partnerships with businesses.
The development/use of digital and diverse learning methods, innovation, value creation based on results from research, and academic development work, will be included in the position.
The general job description for Associate Professors at UiS gives a more detailed account of relevant duties.
How to Apply?
Note or Other details
- varied duties in a large, exciting and socially important organisation
- an ambitious work community which is developing rapidly. We strive to include employees at all levels in strategic decisions and promote an informal atmosphere with a flat organisational structure.
- good development opportunities, associate professor is encouraged for further qualification with a view to promotion to professor
- colleague-based guidance programme during your first year of teaching at UiS, NyTi.
- salary in accordance with the State Salary Scale, l.pl 17.510, code 1011, NOK 690.000-800.000 gross per year. A higher salary may be considered in special cases. From the salary, 2% is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
- automatic membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund, which provides favourable insurance- and retirement benefits
- favourable membership terms at a gym and at the company sports club, SiS sportssenter
- employment with an Inclusive Workplace organisation which is committed to reducing sick leave, increasing the proportion of employees with reduced working capacity, and increasing the number of professionally active seniors
- Hjem-jobb-hjem, discounted public transport to and from work
- as an employee in Norway, you will have access to an optimal health service, as well as good pensions, generous maternity/paternity leave, and a competitive salary. Nursery places are guaranteed and reasonably priced
- relocation programme
- language courses: Look up “language courses” under employment conditions
The engagement is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants, and the acts relating to Control of the Export of Strategic Goods, Services and Technology. Candidates who by assessment of the application and attachment are seen to conflict with the criteria in the latter law will be prohibited from recruitment to UiS.
The university's guidelines for appointment and promotion to teaching and research posts, sections 2 and 3.3, provide further discussion of criteria for employment as Associate Professor.
Your qualifications for the position, based on documentation registered in Jobbnorge, will be assessed by an expert committee. You will receive the committee's statement as soon as it is available.
If you do not satisfy key parts of the qualification requirements, you may have your application rejected before applications are submitted to the expert committee for assessment.
Based on the expert committee's statement, relevant applicants will be invited to an interview and teaching demonstration before any recommendations are made. References will also be obtained for relevant candidates. More about the hiring process on our website.
It is a prerequisite that you have a residence which enables you to be present at/available to the academic community during ordinary working hours.
The position has been announced in both Norwegian and English. In the case of differences of opinion between the texts, the Norwegian text shall be decisive.
Scroll Down for Content
More information on the position can be obtained from Head of Department Espen Olsen, tel: +4751831678, e-mail: [email protected]
Information about the appointment procedure can be obtained from HR-advicer Kirsten Sikveland, tel: +4751833701, e-mail: [email protected]
Other Vacancies from this field Social Science and Humanities
Scroll Down for Content