12 fully paid postdoc positions are open at the Biotech Research and Innovation Centre (BRIC), University of Copenhagen (UCPH) for talented young researchers who want to pursue a research leadership career in life sciences, biomedical research.
Position: Postdoc Fellowship
No. of Positions: 12
Fellowship/Scholarship: LEAD International Postdoc Leadership Programme
Research Field: Biomedical Sciences (Engineering), Biotechnology, Environmental biotechnology, Life Science, Nanobiotechnology
Joining Date: Jun 2023
Contract Period: 3 years
Salary: 35624 DKK / MONTH
Biotech Research and Innovation Centre (BRIC)
University of Copenhagen, Nørregade, Copenhagen, Denmark
Whom we are looking for
The programme is open for motivated young researchers, who want to pursue transformative biomedical research and are dedicated to advance their scientific career. You are scientifically curious, have a strong ability to reflect and form scientific ideas, and have a collaborative and interdisciplinary mindset. Applicants must hold a PhD degree and a maximum of 8 years of experience after issuing of the degree at the time of application. Prolonged career breaks are taken into account upon documentation. Mobility is required and applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activities (work etc.) for more than 12 months in Denmark in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline. Also, applicants may not have been employed at UCPH more than three months prior to the application deadline.
Key selection criteria
The selection process includes eligibility screening, evaluation of application material by external scientific experts, personal interviews with a selection committee and a site visit to BRIC for shortlisted candidates including matchmaking with potential host groups. Transfer of knowledge and inclusion of expertise from both the fellow and host group in the selected projects is a requirement and applicants are urged to explore the opportunities with potential host group leaders before applying. The selection will be merit-based, using weighed criteria in three defined areas:
- Education and scientific track record
- Research leadership potential
- Eager to pursue groundbreaking biomedical research?
- Scientifically curious and driven to pursue a career in research in or beyond academia?
- Interested in specialized training and an extensive career development programme?
12 fully paid postdoc positions are open at BRIC, University of Copenhagen (UCPH) for talented young researchers who want to pursue a research leadership career in life sciences. You will be part of an excellent research centre at one of the top European universities, with a vibrant extended biomedical research environment in the ‘Medicon Valley’. Selected candidates will join one of BRIC’s research groups, to work with an original project addressing ambitious research questions in biomedicine.
Why apply to LEAD?
LEAD will offer you an outstanding framework to conduct top interdisciplinary biomedical research, that can advance your field of interest. Also, LEAD offers a personalized training programme that will support, nurture and challenge you to develop excellent research leadership competences and transferable skills, and support your strategic career development in or beyond academia. You will become part of the prestigous Marie S. Curie alumni network, as the scheme is co-funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement no. 945322.
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: -
Deadline for application is January 9, 2023. The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below. The application must include the following:
- Motivation letter (Cover Letter)
- CV and full list of publications
- Diploma (MSc/MD and PhD)
- List of 2-3 referees
- Eligibility declaration (mobility and years of experience since PhD)
- Documentation for career breaks (if any)
- Other relevant information for consideration
Please carefully read the detailed description of eligibility criteria and requirements for the application in the Applicant’s Guide found on www.lead.ku.dk. Mandatory templates must be used for the application (CV and list of publications, list of referees and eligibility declaration) and can be downloaded on the LEAD webpage. Receipts of application will be acknowledged, and the applicant will be kept continuously informed of the progress of the application. All applications must be received by the application deadline. Late or incomplete application will not be evaluated.
BRIC (www.bric.ku.dk) is a top research centre and our researchers have made seminal contributions in the field of epigenetics, cancer biology, stem cell biology, neurobiology and bioinformatics. Our main aims are to perform excellent research, to offer outstanding research training of young scientists and to translate research findings into societal value. The centre has an open, inclusive and collaborative scientific environment and is located in modern buildings with state-of-the art facilities. We have app. 250 employees with more than 60% international researchers and the daily language is English. Our researchers publish around 150 peer-reviewed papers/year with a focus on high impact/transformative findings and are highly successful obtaining competitive funding (70-75% of total budget).
About the Employer: University of Copenhagen (UCPH), Denmark
- 36-months fully paid fellowship with a competitive postdoc salary and full social benefits
- An international work environment with focus on collaboration and creative research approaches
- Modern research facilities and infrastructure
- Interdisciplinary project opportunities and close interactions with physicians at BRIC and the neighboring University Hospital
- Opportunities to collaborate with industry and to get involved in exploitation of research results
- Training program in research governance, project and time management, creativity, supervision, entrepreneurship etc.
- Specialized peer and career mentoring programme
- Extended network in the EU-LIFE alliance of 15 top European life science research centers
- Being part of a thriving life science environment in the medicon valley with a high number of universities, university hospitals, biotech and pharma industry (https://mva.org)
- A postdoc and student association offers network and social activities.
- Help from BRIC and UCPH with visa applications, onboarding, family support, spouse programmes etc.
- Location in Copenhagen, being rated as a city with high quality-of-life
Timeline of call
- Opening of call: August 1st, 2022
- Application deadline: January 9, 2023
- Evaluation of candidates: January - February 2023
- Online interviews: March 14-15, 2023
- On site visits: March 20 - April 3, 2023
- Answers to applicants: April 7, 2023
- Time of employment: June 1, 2023
Terms of employment and salary
The Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions offer attractive salary and working conditions. Salary, pension and terms of employment are in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State and according to the rules and regulations laid down by European Union’s Horizon 2020 Marie S. Curie COFUND programme.
Depending on seniority, the monthly salary begins around 35,624.36 DKK (ca. 4,788 EUR). Depending on qualifications, a supplement may be negotiated. The employer will pay an additional 17.1 % to your pension fund.
Non-Danish and Danish applicants may be eligible for tax reductions, if they hold a PhD degree and have not lived in Denmark the last 10 years.
For more information about the process, guidelines or the application system, please contact LEAD Programme Manager: Severine Le Bras, [email protected]
Advertisement Details: Postdoc to LEADership in research programme (LEAD)