The division of Solid State Physics at the department of Physics invites applications for a Equipment Engineer at Lund Nano Lab, Lund University, Sweden, 2022
Department of Physics
Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Required qualifications for the position are:
- a degree in relevant area, such as mechanical- or electrical engineering, or a similar education.
- minimum of 10 years of experience of technical equipment maintenance, while maintenance of semiconductor processing equipment is a strong plus.
- hands-on experience in installation and maintenance of gas distribution and vacuum systems.
- demonstrated ability to troubleshoot gas and cooling systems to component level.
- knowledge of basic vacuum principles and basic vacuum components, including vacuum pumps/gauges/valves.
- proficiency in English including the ability to write technical documentation.
- excellent communication skills.
We will place great emphasis on personal suitability within the team. You are initiative-taking, independent and service-minded and have good cooperative ability.
Additional qualifications for the position are:
- knowledge of Swedish regulations in regards to gas installations.
- experience with compressed gases widely used in the semiconductor industry and knowledge of installation and maintenance of same.
- extensive knowledge of gas and cooling related equipment, as well as fittings/valves/regulators/MFCs etc.
- excellent understanding of the safety hazards associated with exchange/installation/storage/usage of process gases.
- working knowledge of tubing/threads/fittings commonly used in gas and cooling equipment and familiarity with product ranges from most common suppliers.
- hands-on experience with vacuum systems (high/ultra-high/plasma systems), as well as troubleshooting/ installation/maintenance.
- experience with Metal Organic Vapour Phase Epitaxy (MOVPE), etch, chemical vapour deposition (CVD) and physical vapor deposition (PVD) systems.
- experience/training with Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus Equipment.
- ability to perform basic troubleshooting on electrical/electronic systems e.g. power supplies/control loops/communication systems.
- ability to operate basic electrical/electronic test Equipment.
Consideration will also be given to how the applicant’s experience and skills complement and strengthen the technical work within the group.
Lund Nano Lab is now seeking a qualified and experienced Equipment Engineer who will be responsible for safety, monitoring, coordinating service, and maintenance of semiconductor material processing tools, including Metal Organic Vapour Phase Epitaxy (MOVPE), etch, chemical vapour deposition (CVD) and physical vapor deposition (PVD). Another key part of the job will be hands-on involvement in the safety, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of gas distribution systems for these equipments. You will interface with students, scientists and engineers to provide training and support on equipment and gas related matters, reporting to the Head of LNL.In this position, you will be responsible for:
- routine preventive maintenance and calibrations on tools in accordance with equipment manufacturer specifications.
- installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of gas distribution systems.
- electrical and mechanical root cause troubleshooting and repairs of all equipment.
- use test and diagnostic equipment to perform equipment checks, calibrations and characterization.
- modify equipment to improve overall process performance and equipment availability.
- work with vendors for technical assistance and support.
- maintain critical spare parts inventory. Assist in new equipment installations and with start-up and acceptance testing.
- establish preventive maintenance strategies in collaboration with other staff members.
How to Apply?
Application Method: Online Application
Ref. No.: PA2022/3356
The position is applied for via the university's recruitment system. The application must contain a personal letter with motivation for why you are interested in the job and in what way the job matches yours merits. The application must also contain a CV, diploma or equivalent and anything else you want invoke (copies of grades, information for references, letters of recommendation, etc.).
About the Department/Section/Group
The division of Solid State Physics at the department of Physics runs the world-class semiconductor nanofabrication facility Lund Nano Lab (LNL). LNL is part of Myfab – the national infrastructure for micro and nano fabrication. It is a key infrastructure for Nanolund, the Center for Nanoscience at Lund University, which is world-leading in the materials science and applications of nanostructured semiconductors. LNL turns over approx. 45 MSEK annually and consists of circa 1200 m2 laboratory area whereof 600 m2 is designated semiconductor clean room. The lab hosts approximately 80 tools, including those for deposition, growth, etch and patterning of semiconductor materials. There are also a number of specialised instruments for characterisationand metrology. The lab has over 140 active users from academia and industry. The LNL team includes 13 highly qualified scientists, engineers and technicians, including a number of Ph.D’s, who are focused on keeping the facility running, equipment available and providing a service to all users so that they can conduct their research.
For more information about Lund Nano Lab: https://www.nano.lu.se/facilities/lund-nano-lab
About the Employer: Lund University, Sweden
Note or Other details
This is a permanent employment, scope 100%. Probationary employment may be applied. The official title will be research engineer. With this recruitment, we hope to stimulate our environment with fresh influences and explicitly welcome applicants from national and international companies, institutes or university laboratories.
Luke Hankin, Head of Lab , +46462223647,[email protected]
Advertisement Details: Equipment Engineer at Lund Nano Lab