EPFL, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs more than 6,000 people supporting the three main missions of the institutions: education, research and innovation. The EPFL campus offers an exceptional working environment at the heart of a community of more than 16,000 people, including over 12,000 students and 4,000 researchers from more than 120 different countries.
Postdoctoral Research Position in the field of clonal hematopoiesis and associated risk of developing cardiovascular disease
Your mission :The UPRAD laboratory (Professor Freddy Radtke), Science de la Vie (SV) Faculty, at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, offers a postdoctoral research position (100%) to study the link between clonal hematopoiesis of indeterminate potential (CHIP) and the increased risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
Under which conditions and life style factors CHIP may cause cardiovascular disease will be studied in murine CHIP models. The position is part of a consortium study performing epidemiological and genetic research using CHIP patient samples with the goal to identify and counteract risk factors that may lead to the development of cardiovascular disease. The UPRAD laboratory has a specific focus on basic and translational research. Using state-of-the art technologies, including omics analysis (transcriptomic, epigenetic, single cell analysis, proteomics), genetical engineered mouse models, organoids, patient-derived xenografts as well as primary human clinical samples, we aim to unravel molecular and mechanistic events driving the initiation and progression of blood borne diseases.
Main duties and responsibilities include : Driving force in conducting the research, develop the experimental designs and work in collaboration with the hematopoiesis team in the lab and bioinformaticians.
- Responsible for experimental design, conducting the experiment, data acquisition and critical evaluation
- Reporting of research results in lab meetings, seminars, conferences and writing scientific articles.
Your profile : The ideal candidate should have:
- PhD (or planned defense at time of application) degree in cell biology with a solid background in cancer biology, hematopoiesis and/or genetics required
- Experience in designing and handling experimental animal models (mouse) of blood borne diseases
- Experience in multiparameter flow cytometry
- Experience in tissue culture, cloning techniques and epigenetic techniques
- Experience in Scientific Computing Software (Python, Linux) will be a plus
- LTK1 module or equivalent a plus
- Working knowledge of laboratory information system (LIMS), electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) and statistical analysis are beneficial
- Language skills – good knowledge of English (verbal and writing) a prerequisite
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Capacity to collaborate to achieve common objectives
- Good management and interpersonal skills
At this stage of application, only include your CV, list of publications, a brief motivation letter and the contact details of three referees.
We offer : We offer an opportunity to work in cutting-edge projects in a world-renowned scientific community with esteemed scientists, engineers, geneticists and clinicians. You will work in a dynamic, multidisciplinary, multicultural and collaborative laboratory environment.EPFL is an international and world-class engineering institution that hosts state-of-the-art experimental and computational facilities, as well as a rich and vibrant scientific and entrepreneurial community.EPFL is an equal-opportunity employer. We offer competitive salary and benefits, defined by EPFL scales and regulations.
If you would like to get further information, we invite you to visit our website:https://www.epfl.ch/labs/radtke-lab/
- Start date :Immediately
- Term of employment :Fixed-term (CDD)
- Duration :CDD(fully-funded 2 years with option of contract renewal)
- Remark :Only candidates who applied through EPFL website or our partner Jobup’s website will be considered. Files sent by agencies without a mandate will not be taken into account.
Reference :Job Nb 2767