- Conducting leading-edge research according to international standards in the fields of asset management and/or real estate finance
- Writing of scientific publications and participation in international conferences
- Support in teaching at bachelor, master (assistance in courses; supervision of bachelor/master theses)
- Candidates for this position are expected to enroll in the PhD program in Finance at the University of St.Gallen (GPEF), with the doctoral supervisors being Prof. Dr. Vitaly Orlov and Prof. Dr. Roland Füss.
The Swiss Institute of Banking and Finance work environment is informal, intellectually stimulating, and exciting.
The candidate should fulfill the following qualifications:
- Outstanding Master’s degree in economics/finance or a related field from a leading university or business school
- Strong analytical mindset and quantitative skills
- Demonstrated suitability to work on analytical problems and solid empirical analysis skills
- Previous research experience, especially with analyzing datasets, ideally in an academic environment
- First practical experience in a profession is a plus
The Swiss Institute of Banking and Finance (s/bf-HSG) is known for its innovative research and executive education activities in the field of banking and finance and, as a reliable partner and part of the University of St.Gallen, promotes the dialogue between science and practice. The institute with its approximately 30 employees cooperates on an interdisciplinary basis with a number of institutes and universities in Switzerland and abroad. You can find more information about us and our institute on our website.
Before you submit your application, please ensure that your degree matches the formal requirements to enroll in a PhD program at the University of St.Gallen.
Please upload a single PDF file including your CV, a short motivation letter (max. 2 pages), transcript of Bachelor and Master grades, and an exemplary piece of academic writing (your Master thesis or a term paper) in the application platform. In addition, please provide contacts of at least two references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. We are looking forward to your online application.