About the workplace
The vision of University of Gävle is to be the first choice for all who want to make a difference. We offer around 60 study programmes and 300 freestanding courses in the fields of the humanities, health care and medicine, social and natural sciences and technology. University of Gävle is one of the most popular university colleges in Sweden (applicants per place). We have around 16 000 students, 750 employees, and our campus is concentrated in space in beautiful surroundings.The university focuses on four strategic research areas – sustainable urban development, health promotion, innovative learning and intelligent industry.We offer- the opportunity to work at one of Sweden’s most beautiful universities,- a workplace with many employment benefits,- a university that actively works on issues such as our common working environment, clear working conditions and gender equality and equal opportunities.
The Department of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Science educates engineering students, teacher students and preparatory year students. The largest research group works in electrical engineering, automation and the strategic research area Intelligent Industry. The subject of electrical engineering at the University of Gävle is in an expansive phase in terms of doctoral education. One of our colleagues will be on leave and we are now looking for a substitute senior lecturer in electrical engineering with a focus on robotics, automation and/or signal processing.
The purpose of the strategic research area Intelligent Industry is to create conditions for sustainable production. In our research, this means automation, sensor-based signal processing and exoskeletons. We are looking for a senior lecturer who can participate in our research projects and teach courses in our degree programmes in the subject of electrical engineering.
The tasks related to research mean that you participate in existing projects but also write publications and participate in research applications. Research includes collaboration with external actors and work for internationalisation. The position includes teaching and course management on our programmes at both undergraduate and graduate level. Teaching will take place both on campus and remotely. In addition, supervision may be included at undergraduate and graduate level.
The place of employment is Gävle and most of the working hours are on campus.
To be employed as a lecturer you need to have:
– A doctoral degree in electrical engineering or another degree deemed equivalent by the employer.
– Demonstrated pedagogical skills through planning, execution (teaching and examination), evaluation and development of education.
– Completed a higher education pedagogical programme corresponding to at least 10 weeks of full-time studies or otherwise acquired equivalent knowledge.
It is an advantage if you have:
– Research or professional experience in robotics, automation and/or signal processing.
– Experience of collaboration between universities and companies.
– Completed a supervisor course.
– The employment requires that you have good co-operation skills and the ability to collaborate and create good relations with both internal and external parties.
– The position involves a great deal of freedom to organise your work, which is why you need to have initiative and be self-motivated.
– The work also requires that you can structure and prioritise your tasks well and have good administrative skills.
– You must have a good ability to express yourself in spoken and written English. Good knowledge of Swedish is a merit.
In the selection process, great emphasis will be placed on personal qualities.
For more information, see (HF 4 chap. 4 a §) and the employment regulations (HIG-STYR 2019/153) at the University of Gävle.
For a full list of what the application should contain, please visit our website: follow this link
Head of the Department of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Science
In case of different interpretations of the English and Swedish versions of this announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.University of Gävle strives for gender balance and for an active promotion of equal opportunities in all parts of the organisation.In anticipation of this recruitment, University of Gävle has made decisions regarding recruitment and marketing channels. Thus, we will decline all offers regarding advertisements and marketing.
- Type of employment Temporary position
- Contract type Full time
- First day of employment Access to the post as soon as possible or by agreement.
- Salary Monthly salary
- Number of positions 1
- Full-time equivalent 100%
- City Gävle
- County Gävleborgs län
- Country Sweden
- Reference number HIG-STÖD 2023/284
- Maria Savela, SACO-S, 026-648500(vxl)
- Kia Sundberg-Kimhag, Sveriges Lärare, 026-648500(vxl)
- Annette Gustafsson, Fackförbundet ST, 026-648500(vxl)
Published 04.Jul.2023 Last application date 03.Sep.2023 11:59 PM CEST