Materials science and technology are our passion. With our cutting-edge research, Empa’s around 1,100 employees make essential contributions to the well-being of society for a future worth living. Empa is a research institution of the ETH Domain. Empa’s Laboratory for Air Pollution and Environmental Technology develops atmospheric measurement techniques and modelling tools as a contribution to a healthy and safe environment. For the development of our organic trace gas measurements and for the support of European projects in this field, we are looking for a new team member. Your tasks
- Measurements of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in Zürich, using gas chromatography
- Introduction of continuous formaldehyde measurements by laser spectroscopy at an urban site
- Development of software tools for the quality assurance of continuous VOCs measurements within a European infrastructure project
- Method development for the analysis of VOCs and halogenated greenhouse gases by GC-MS
- Analysis of volatile organic compound (VOC) data from urban sites in Switzerland
- Statistical analysis and visualization of the data
- Development of software tools for the quality assurance of continuous VOCs measurements
- Support of measurements of halogenated greenhouse gases at Jungfraujoch with GC-MS
- Master’s degree in chemistry, physics or environmental chemistry (University/University of Applied Sciences)
- Excellent technical skills and experience in gas chromatography for analysis of organic compounds
- Experience in programming for hardware control and data analysis (e.g. using Python)
- Communicative persons that enjoys working in an international environment
- Very good oral and written skills in English and German
- Self-motivated and communicative teamplayer
We offer a stimulating, international and collaborative research environment at a leading research institution with an excellent infrastructure and a broad interdisciplinary surrounding. As an institution of the ETH Domain, we offer good employment conditions and plenty of opportunities for your professional development.The position is available immediately and has an initial duration of two years.
«a» stands for «all» in our job advertisements. We live a culture of inclusion and respect. We welcome all people who are interested in innovative, sustainable and meaningful activities. That’s what counts – not age, gender, origin, religion, sexual orientation, etc.
We look forward to receiving your complete online application including a letter of motivation, CV, credentials with complete scholar transcripts and contact details of two referees. Please submit these exclusively via our job portal. Applications by e-mail and by post will not be considered.
Your future place of work Empa Ueberlandstrasse 129 8600 Dübendorf