The Institute of Veterinary Bacteriology of the University of Bern offers a 80 – 100% position for a laboratory technician responsible for lab management.
We are looking for a flexible, enthusiastic, and highly motivated laboratory technician. The tasks of the technician are keeping stock of our inventories (strain collections, chemicals, kits etc.), waste disposal, execute the ordering of supplies and to organize the maintenance of equipment. Earliest starting date would be March 2023:
The ideal candidate for us:
- has at least 3 years of work experience;
- excellent organizational and administrative skills;
- can work under time constraints if needed;
- is able to work independently with regular reporting to the head of unit;
- is fluent in written and spoken German. French is an asset.
- experience in diagnostic work of microorganism is another asset;
We offer an interesting setting for future development and long-term career perspectives. Additional specific training can be offered depending on candidates’ profile and skills. We offer a diversified, developable job, our institute is situated in the center of Bern and an international team is awaiting you!
Salary and social benefits according to the guidelines of University of Bern and provisions of the canton of Bern. The position is limited to one year, with an option for extension.
Are you interested in this position? Please send us your electronic application as a single PDF file (Letter of intent, curriculum vitae, diplomas, and contact information of at least one reference) to the following e-mail:
Recruitment will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.