Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research?
Within our group we perform immunological research, and our focus is unconventional T cells, especially gamma delta T cells, as these immune cells have not so far been efficiently exploited. We are investigating T cell reconstitution and functionality after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) and in patients with solid tumors. This could help pave the way for more advanced and targeted approaches in cancer immunotherapy and in infectious diseases. We offer an engaging and international research environment where you may contribute to high quality research on an internationally competitive level.
We are seeking for someone that is highly motivated and has an interest in human immunology.
As a postdoc you will:
- be responsible for the isolation and culturing of T cells from peripheral blood, as well as performing immunological tests of these cells after co culture with genetically modified tumor cells
- investigate the expression and properties of circular RNA in these culture conditions.
- use a wide range of immunological and biochemical techniques such as flow cytometry and intracellular staining for the characterization of these cells
- be involved in teaching and tutoring of Ph.D. and master students
- organize, plan, execute, and analyze experiments in an independent manner.
To be eligible for employment as a postdoctor a doctoral degree or a foreign degree deemed to be equivalent to a doctoral degree is required. This eligibility requirement must be fulfilled at the latest at the time of the employment decision. It is considered as an advantage if you have completed your doctoral degree within the last three years, if there are special reasons, your degree may have been completed earlier.
The applicant will work in close collaboration with the other group members and is expected to have high social skills. You should have a background in the field of immunology or in a closely related field with a background in T cell biology. Experience with multicolour flow cytometry and cell culture work is a prerequisite. We see that you have experience with PCR analysis, RNA sequencing and bioinformatics. Clear and concise communication and written skills in English are mandatory. The successful candidate is expected to be structured, independent, and have a problem-solving analytical ability. We value personal qualities in the selection of candidates.
What do we offer?
A creative and inspiring environment with wide-ranging expertise and interests. Karolinska Institutet is one of the world’s leading medical universities. At Karolinska Institutet, we conduct successful medical research and hold the largest range of medical education in Sweden. At KI, you get to meet researchers working with a wide range of specialisms and methods, giving you ample opportunity to exchange knowledge and experience with the various scientific fields within medicine and health. It is the crossover collaborations, which have pushed KI to where it is today, at the forefront of global research. Several of the people you meet in healthcare are educated at KI. A close relationship with the health care providers is important for creating groundbreaking top quality education and research. Karolinska Institutet is also a state university, which entitles you to several benefits through our collective agreement.
Choose to work at KI – Ten reasons why
About the Division of Therapeutic Immunology and Transfusion Medicine
An employment application must contain the following documents in English or Swedish:
- A complete resumé, including date of the thesis defence, title of the thesis, previous academic positions, academic title, current position, academic distinctions, and committee work
- A complete list of publications
- A summary of current work (no more than one page)
Welcome to apply at the latest 12 th June 2023.
The application is to be submitted through the Varbi recruitment system.
Want to make a difference? Join us and contribute to better health for all
- Type of employment Temporary position
- Contract type Full time
- First day of employment 1 september
- Number of positions 1
- Full-time equivalent 100%
- City Huddinge
- County Stockholms län
- Country Sweden
- Reference number STÖD 2-1994/2023
- Michael Uhlin, email@example.com
- Emilie Hultin, SACO, 08-52483286
- Carina Eklund, OFR, 08-58582665
- Henry Wölling, SEKO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Published 22.May.2023 Last application date 12.Jun.2023 11:59 PM CEST