About the University
The Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, or Swedish Agricultural University (Swedish: Sveriges lantbruksuniversitet) (SLU) is a university in Sweden. Although its head office is located in Ultuna, Uppsala, the university has several campuses in different parts of Sweden, the other main facilities being Alnarp in Lomma Municipality, Skara, and Umeå. Unlike other state-owned universities in Sweden, it is funded through the budget for the Ministry for Rural Affairs. The University was co-founder of the Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS) which was established in 2001.
The university has four faculties: Faculty of Landscape Planning, Horticulture and Agricultural Sciences, Faculty of Natural Resources and Agriculture Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science and Faculty of Forest Sciences.
Mission statement of SLU
SLU conducts education, research and environmental monitoring and assessment in collaboration with society at large. Through our focus on the interaction between humans, animals and ecosystems and the responsible use of natural resources, we contribute to sustainable societal development and good living conditions on our planet.
Vision of SLU
SLU plays a key role in development for sustainable life, based on science and education.
Brand promise of SLU
Science and Education for Sustainable Life
Overall strategic objectives of SLU
- SLU is an attractive and stimulating workplace for our current and future employees.
- SLU is an attractive university for students and offers courses and programmes of high quality with societal relevance.
- SLU's researchers have good access to research infrastructure which gives the opportunity for ground-breaking, excellent research.
- SLU's collaboration will benefit society and be appreciated by stakeholders while the quality of our education, research and EMA will be raised.
- Employees and students will have knowledge of and feel commitment to SLU's activities, and take joint responsibility for developing activities.
SE-750 07, Uppsala, Sweden
Support us by Sharing!