About the University
The Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM) is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management and the Erasmus School of Economics, both at Erasmus University Rotterdam. It aims to bring together top researchers in business and management from each of these schools. Alongside its research program ERIM also has a graduate program in management designed to attract and train young scholars from around the world. ERIM seeks to contribute to "scientific research that enables organisations to assess and improve their business processes in order to perform in a profitable and responsible way
Consistently ranked in the top of management research centres in Europe, the Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM) has created an environment for the development of internationally recognised management knowledge with academic and societal impact since 1998.
Mission, goals and domain
The mission of ERIM is to conduct scientific research that enables organisations to assess and improve their business processes in order to perform in a profitable and responsible way.
ERIM’s research programmes focus on two pivotal areas of investigation. The first is the study of intra-firm and inter-firm business processes. The second is the role of data, information, information processing and knowledge in managerial decision making. ERIM’s objective is to carry out first-rate research in management, as recognised by the community of peers, and to offer an advanced Doctoral Programme in Business and Management. More specifically, the goals of ERIM are:
- To be a high quality institute with high visibility and a strong reputation among its peers in the international community of researchers in management;
- To achieve a high output and impact of scientific publications in the top journals and books of research in management;
- To offer high quality doctoral education through an internationally competitive Doctoral Programme;
- To attract, develop and retain top research talent in all stages of their career.
Throughout its activities, in research as well as teaching, ERIM has five distinct areas of research in management:
- Business Processes, Logistics and Information Systems - LIS
- Organisation - ORG
- Marketing - MKT
- Finance and Accounting - F&A
- Strategy & Entrepreneurship - S&E
Support us by Sharing!